Friday, October 8, 2010

Copyright for the paranoid photographers





Do you want to protect your photos and at the same time do not want to spend time putting the watermark? Here is the solution for you! The translucent copyright symbol is used by photographer Martin Nachtwey.




"What I do is use a perspex © symbol that I dangle in front of the lens. It works a treat. No man, big or small, is stripping that mofo out of the image…I don’t see any problem in letting your readers in on the secret…all you need is a sheet of perspex, a jigsaw, a stick and some thread.
I have written all the small print onto the sign, so it is only readable under enlargement/reproduction. Another benefit of my method is that it works for film as well as digital!"




This is how the photo looks like with the obnoxious gadget

via petapixel

Share/Bookmark